Saturday, April 23, 2011

IS TOLUCA LAKE CURSED??

Well this is something don’t see everyday, but it is something that occurs quite often in my neighborhood. Today while coming from Starbucks, ½ block away, I see a car flipped over, at Riverside Drive and Clybourn Ave by Patty’s Diner. I pulled over and made sure everyone was ok, then the Fire, Police, and Ambulance arrived.

So I go to Trader Joes another block away, and I am talking to one of ladies from the thrift shop on the corner. We start talking about the accident and all the other car accidents that happen on Riverside Drive, between Cahuenga Blvd and Pass Ave. She says how so many times she helping people after accidents on the street, with blankets, water and such. She tells me that it got to a point the Los Angeles Councilman Tom LaBonge, actually had a priest come out and exorcise the road., which she said was a “hoot” to watch. I said the maybe Toluca Lake is cursed, to which she laughingly replied “I wouldn’t doubt it”.

So the question is : Is Toluca Lake Cursed??

I have looked online and did some research, and I can’t find a damn thing about any kind of curse.

The only thing I could find was a story of “The Curse of Toluca Lake” but they referring to the videogame Silent Hill. I did get a kick out of the when I first was playing the game and you have to go to Toluca Lake, maybe one of the writers lives here.

Murders?? The that comes to mind was last year a businessman was murdered in his driveway, which is still unsolved, but it seems it was a hit.

A neighbor in my building once told me that there was a murder in my apartment in the 70's, but I can't verify that. But when I first moved in there was slight eerie thing that would happen, the towel would always slide off the shower curtain rod in my roommates bathroom. If you were sitting in the living room you could see it fall, no matter how it was hanging. One night I just talked out loud and said "I don't know who you are, but you can stay if you want, just don't jump out and scare the shit out of me". Yes I actually did do that, and you know what the towel never fell off the shower rod ever again, scouts honor. But my bed does shake every once and awhile but I chalk that up to an earthquake, whether I believe it is or not.

And there is a haunted house behind the Bob’s Big Boy, it seems a rental sign was on the fence of the house and a woman I spoke with said she called about the rental, and spoke with a pleasant woman who then requested she call back, when she did, another woman answered the phone, and said that her mother is still always playing jokes on her, but the mother had died a few years previously.

Toluca Lake is very close to all the studios Universal, Warner Bros, & Disney has been the home to many celebrities, past and present, such as Lon Chaney, Bob Hope, Sinatra, W.C. Fields, Bing Crosby, Andy Griffith, Doris Day, Ozzie & Harriet and two out of three Stooges. Now it’s names like Jack Black, Quentin Tarantino, Steve Carell, Gary Marshall, Henry Winkler, Denzel Washington, one of those Jonas Brothers, and a lot more.  Every once and awhile you’ll see them at the 7-11,Timmy Nolans Tavern, Bob’s Big Boy etc. But it’s the lesser-known entertainment industry folks that make this village what it is.

So If anyone know anything about a curse or haunting in the awesome little village, let me know, I am very curious to see if there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment