Monday, April 4, 2011

My open letter to BLIMPIE Sub & Sandwiches

Dear Blimpie,

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know how much I enjoy your hoagies.

I live in the Los Angeles area, but originally from Northern New Jersey. So I was very happy to see that there were Blimpie shops out here. When I went to you store on Sunday I bought 7 large Blimpie Bests with all the trimmings for my friends to eat during the April 1st Mets game. They are also from New Jersey, and were surprised because they didn’t even think there was a shop out here.

The owners of the downtown store by the way, are awesome, very friendly and treated me like a VIP for traveling from the valley.

I would go more often, but the problem is the locations of the stores. I live in the North Hollywood/Burbank area of  L.A., and the closest shop to me is approx. 8 miles away. Now technically this would not be a bad thing, but that location is in the middle of Downtown Los Angeles, During the week it takes around 2 hours to get there and back, due to the horrendous L.A. traffic. Also the store is closed on the weekend and also closes at 3:30 pm during the week, because the area becomes empty after that, also next closest shop is in a Calabasas gas station 20 miles the other way.

My question to you guys is, “Why isn’t there a Blimpie in my area??”. There’s a Subway, on every block but they are horrible, and everyone out here knows it.

I live literally blocks from all the major studio, Universal, Warner Bros, and Disney, and this would be a perfect area for one of your stores. If you look up this area on your store map you’ll see it is just an empty space. Google my address and you will see what I mean.

Trust me, including myself, you would immediately have a following. People from this area that are from the Northern East Coast are always nostalgic for the food they left behind. Sorry to babble on so much but I think you should really consider opening up a shop that is convenient and near the film studios.

Example: There is a cheesesteak shop out here called “Philly’s Best” they are constantly packed with people from back east. They carry only Frank's Soda, Wise Products, and even the bread is from back East. They are the best cheesesteaks out here, and anyone that says they are not, usually means they are from the West Coast or they're idiots.

Sincerely,

Ed Stalter
originally from Coytesville NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment